one picture that our photographer had online =]

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Holiday


Last week was pretty eventful – at least for us!  Haha.  Wednesday was the 4th of July, and after I worked all day, we tried to enjoy the holiday.  Ben & I went and walked around the carnival-ish thing in downtown Provo, where it was very hot.  We went to Café Rio for dinner (I know – how American of us) then watched fireworks at BYU.  Here’s a picture of us waiting for the show to start.


 On Friday, we also had a fun, busy day.  Chris & Emily are moving to Arizona like tomorrow, so we spent the day with them.  (What’s with all of our friends going to Arizona??  Stupid state.)  Anyway, we went hiking to Stewart Falls up Provo Canyon, and it was pretty fun.  It was a really pretty waterfall, and I haven’t hiked since I hiked the “Y” freshman year, so it was fun to do that again.  Here are some pictures.




After we were done hiking, we cleaned up and went mini golfing – this time with Spencer & Christina as well.  Each couple was a team and we lost – but Ben & I didn’t get mad at each other, so I call that a win!

Following mini golf, we went to Happy Sumo for dinner.  Emily worked there so we got a sweet deal.  Sushi isn’t really my thing, but I was a sport and tried it…and it wasn’t horrible.  I don’t think I’d ever choose to eat it again, but it was a good experience for me, and it was fun to eat with everyone.  Here we all are outside the restaurant.  Nick & Erica joined us for dinner – our party just kept getting bigger and bigger as the day went on! 


After dinner, we went to Menchie’s to get frozen yogurt.  As always, the frozen yogurt was delicious.  But the best part about Menchie’s was the body builder bug we saw.  This gigantic fly landed on Nick’s back and it was super gross.  When it landed on the ground, we put a yogurt cup over it so it wouldn’t fly around us anymore, and it stated moving the cup!  It was super creepy, yet hilarious.  Someone commented how it reminded them of Toy Story when the toys are crossing the street under the cones, and it was TOTALLY like that.  I wish I got a picture of it!  It was honestly the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while, and it was the best way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment