one picture that our photographer had online =]

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Trip to Cali!

So, during our break in August, we took a little trip down to California to see my family.  It's like the first time in a while where we haven't had a million things to do, like get ready for a wedding, so it was really nice to have time to just chill.  We were able to do some things that we wanted to and just hang out.  Here's a little recap from the week.

The day we got there, we went straight to the beach.  We met up with Michael & Kalita and the kids and tried to work on a getting a tan.  It was a really nice day at the beach, so that was good!



The next day, we were lucky and got to go to Disneyland for free!  (thanks Lauren - & Juli).  Ben had never been, so we spent the whole day there, hitting up all the sights.  And it wasn't too busy.  I mean, we had to wait for a few rides, but nothing crazy like usual.  And I think Ben really enjoyed it.

 

The next day was pretty chill.  We just hung out with people at the house, did a little shopping, and relaxed. 

 

The next day, Ben went home to get ready for school starting.  Since I had an extra week off from school, I was able to stay a few days longer.  We had a little bridal shower/bachelorette party for Melanie since we won't all be together again to do something before the wedding.  Here are some photos from that fun night!


 Melanie's reactions to all the cute gifts we got her ; ]

Some of us stayed after for a few pictures outside the restaurant..
 


 The rest of my trip in California was full of errands, treats, relaxing, and hanging out with the family.  It was really nice to be there for a week - I loved it!  Can't wait to go back!! =]] (Neither can Ben..I can tell)






1 comment:

  1. Jess- I couldn't see another way to get hold of you. You won the My Memories Suite digital scrapbook giveaway on my blog!! Please respond within 48 hrs. Thanks and congrats!
    kweight@byu.net

    ReplyDelete