one picture that our photographer had online =]

Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

I've been thinking a lot about New Years Resolutions - debating whether it's really worth it to make some and if I can really make and keep goals for an entire year.  I decided it's worth it to at least try - so that's what I'll do.  I'm making just a few so I don't overwhelm myself and get frustrated by the end of January.  I'm in the midst of finalizing these resolutions, but here are some of my ideas.

One will deal with getting in the best shape of my life (and maintaining it).  I will probably find my motivation through some of our wedding pictures.  I can definitely see the difference a year and a half can make!  Haha!  Details will be written and put up on my wall as soon as I figure out what will allow this to happen, so I can realistically be in shape and feeling good.

Another will deal with church, and the responsibilities/privileges I have regarding that.  More temple trips, consistent scripture reading & daily prayers will be a part of the improved New Year and these resolutions that I'll make.

Lastly - and this is my favorite - I'm going to try to write down one sweet thing each day that Ben does for me.  Now, I know the whole daily thing will be a little out of the question, since there are some days that Ben & I barely see each other - plus I'm a really bad noticer (is that even a word?), but I'll try.  Anyways, I want to have some record of the wonderful, simple things that my amazing husband does for me each day, so for the days when he's super annoying, I will have something to look at that will help me focus on the good in him. =]  I'm hoping this will help me notice the little things better, and help me find motivation and desire to be a better wife.  And I'm going to try to post them here, since I spend way too much time on the computer already - I might make myself more useful on this thing.  And maybe it'll motivate someone else to do the same!

I'll start with one today..

So, Ben & I both rarely have the opportunity to sleep in without any obligations that we have to get to.  With work, school, and everything else going on, one or both of us are usually up and at it each morning (and most of the time out of the door without ever seeing each other).  Well, this morning was the lucky exception.  Being at Ben's parents' house, and not having to be anywhere until 1:00, we were both able to enjoy sleeping in.  Ben, being the cute husband he is, cuddled with me all morning while we were both in and out of sleep.  Now you may think this is no big deal, but for those of you who know Ben, you know that he is NOT a cuddler.  So, for the 1st day of the year, Ben's cute moment was when he cuddled with me all morning.  I'd say it was a good start to 2012. =]

(Bear with me for anything I may put in the future as part of this resolution.  Sometimes I have to take what I can get from my crazy, goofy husband.)

No comments:

Post a Comment